The great part about the day was the feeling of home we felt in the great things God had done there. I was a young coach who got to be around true legends of the game. When I was there, There were 2 coaches with 20+ years and 2 coaches with 30+ years of winning experience. The players we brought in were there for a reason. A number of them chose something about the university that was more of a calling, passing up offers to bigger schools. It was a great day to see all the men who had grown up in your program and to remember that season of influence there. For my family, it solidified for us our passion for a life of influence. To see so many Coaches and their wives who never stop pouring into players, families, and anyone in their path was such an encouragement.
My first head coach I coached for always said to me that Coaching was a calling. Its not something you fall into, and if you do, you'll fall right out. It is a direct walk in the line of influence.
All I can say is praise the Lord for the great mentors in my life. Men who unapologetically did exactly what they were made to do and were in obedience and in turn pointed all toward Christ. All I can hope is that the Lord continues to entrust me with those kinds of opportunities.
No comments:
Post a Comment