Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pumpkin Carving 2008


These are some of the pics from pumpkin carving before Halloween! This has become a family tradition and one that Toby takes very seriously! It is always a fun time together and this year was no different.
I had found some cute little Mr. Potato Head looking faces for pumpkins and Cade had a great time creating some of his own scary goblins! Of course Mommie got the distinct honor of "D-gooping" all pumpkins of their pumpkin guts....and then the boys went to work with their creations. Like I said Toby takes his pumpkin carving experience very serious. Each year we venture to Walmart to buy the 4 dollar carving kit with stencils and carving tools...the proper equipment is crucial to the carving! and last year we nearly missed buying the kit...but not this year. The tradition in the Trotter house is alive and well and we had a blast together helping Cade and Ainsley create some funny goblin pumpkins and making a "happy" pumpkin for Cade.Toby and I started this tradition before we had kiddos so after our little people went to bed we were able to create our own pumpkin masterpieces...I selected to stencil and try to carve out a kitty cat..to which I ended up loosing some whiskers, but I was proud of my creation.Toby was at the top of his "pumpkin carving game" and carved out an incredible witch.
I think it is adorable that he gets so excited about carving pumpkins and most important that he wants us to all be together.

No comments: