So October has come and gone...by fast...really fast! But it was a very spooktacular, I know it's a cheesy word but it fits the mood of the post, month...October was SPOOKTACULAR for the Trotter troops. Busy yes, and we do have much more to post...SWOSU Homecoming which was, let me just say...magical...but that is for another post...so stay tuned in :)I will start this post with photos from our traditional Trotter pumpkin carving extravaganza. The night started with dinner out at Venecios, which might sound Italian but it is actually Tex-Mex...really threw me for a loop when we first rolled in to town...great fajitas though! :) Once the pumpkins were bought and the trash bags for all the pumpkin guts were laid out the party started! Of course I was given the wonderful honor of gutting the pumpkins which is sickly therapeutic to me and I love freaking the kids out with the orange "pumpkin brain slop" on my hands.
Ainsley was only mildly traumatized...before she was diving in like a champ!
Toby was in rare form this year and Cade has caught on to the madness. They were enthralled in their creation...Ainsley and I on the other hand picked the cutest looking goblin in the trace and carve book and went to work...it was also in the front of the book, which meant it was the easiest level of carving. Although in complete disclosure my hands are still feeling the pained effects of the "easiest level of carving" bug a boo we selected. :)

Toby and Cade went straight to the back of the book to the master carving section. Toby was like Yoda pumpkin carver training his Luke Skywalker, Cade, to learn the ways of the master and ultimately let the force be with him in his master carving future! They selected the most awesome witch and did a masterful job!

Pretty much Weatherford around Halloween is the most adorable, most awesome "pleasantville" place to live. I have seen places like this on movies or in Southern Living magazine, but folks I'm here to tell ya if you ever want a destination Halloween W-ford is the place to be! Once we hit the streets it was like crazy town trick or treaters!

I should have known it was crazy when a mother of an early trick or treater to our house yells "You better hurry!" as I jokingly comment on how we have to get ready fast and get going...I smile and just come back inside, finish dinner and get the kids ready to go.

Ummmm yeah, she wasn't kidding! It was awesome! There were trick or treaters everywhere and as we visited with the Mayor and his wife they told us when we reached their house that they had already had close to 300 trick or treaters! I had a friend tell me that her parents had prepared for 500! What?! I'm glad we were out getting candy...I never would have bought enough seeing as in the almost 7 years Toby and I have been married we have never even had a trick or treater come to our house!!!!

It was a memorable Halloween and yes, in a word October as a whole was Spooktacular!
2 comments:
Looks like ya'll had a great Halloween! I love looking at all your pictures of your sweet family! Hope that things are going so good for ya'll!!
Amanda
Any thoughts of runing the OKC marathon again? I've just been "THINKING"...
love the cute pics.. so good to see ya'll on thanksgiving.. so thankful for ALL of you.
Post a Comment