Sunday, November 1, 2009

Too small Halloween costumes and fairy wings ;) ...just another day in the life!

If you ever want to know just what the exciting life of the Trotter family looks like on a normal day, and you happen to walk by the usually open front door to our house and peek in....

...you could quite possibly see Cade running around the house in any number of past Halloween costumes, that are much too small and probably very uncomfortable...none the less he is wearing them with pride running around the house putting out some sort of house fire (figurative of course ;)) or playing a game of "socckey". A game that he and Toby created that combines hockey and soccer..both of which are less than ideal to play in the house. And then of course my precious Ainsley B is usually chasing him around with baby and blanket in hand screaming "buuubbbbaaaa" trying her best to keep up and giving her own rendition of whatever game Cade is bouncing around playing.

...and on this particular day, and in this particular picture I have captured a day very similar to what I just described...the only part that I have left out is that I was in fairy wings chasing Ainsley around the house trying to convince her that they were fun to wear. It was an effort I had started after I realized that she was having nothing to do with tutus or wings and we had just decided on a ladybug look for the priss to wear on Halloween. Without her wearing the tutu I had made and the wings that Mimi had bought she would end up looking like a member of a theater stage crew or an extra dancer in West Side Story wearing a black turtle neck and black leggings....not the look I had anticipated.

As I am campaigning for the ladybug, Cade got in on the action and loves any opportunity to make his sister laugh and of course become the star of the show. So as I am fluttering around like a lunatic, Cade comes speeding in the living room wearing his army costume from 2 years ago, a fireman helmet and dances the most hilarious jig around an already traumatized Ainsley B! All of which is taking place as Disney's greatest hits CD echos the happy sounds of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious....please don't check the spelling on that~I did my best phonics sound out ;))...in the background and Cade and I sing, dance and eventually turn Ainsley's heart over in Joy!

I am amazed at how the simplest seemingly insignificant acts in life can become the most extraordinary thing you can do in a day....soooo again if you are ever wondering what the Trotter troop is up to? We are probably doing the simplest things in life...singing through the trials that we are working through...even as simple as gearing up to wear our Halloween costumes ~ which in the life of a little person can seem like a pretty big, scary mountain to climb...but when you laugh, sing and just give in to simple stuff like wearing costumes that are too small, helmets that don't match, playing games that don't go together and wear fairy wings singing Mary Poppins greatness while you watch your your son recognize his sister's insecurity and desire to encourage her and your baby girl's heart go from fear and reservation to freedom and joy....life seems pretty cool. ;)

No comments: