Monday, January 18, 2010

And the Heisman goes to....Toby Aaron Trotter!


So today is my Toby's birthday.  I am reminded of when we very first started dating and we had this inside joke about Toby having a t-shirt that said "Owner of Cari" simply because he seemed to anticipate my every need from a sandwhich to sleep.  From fresh gerber daisies hidden in the backseat of his car to a perfectly timed joke through my stressed out school tears.  He cleaned my car, made me try salmon and actually discover I liked it (lots of date nights at Pearls in OKC :)), he went on family trips and served my brothers and parents unconditionally.  And as a born and breed OU Sooner he fell in love with an OSU Cowgirl and wore orange to a basketball game (seriously if you aren't from Oklahoma - that means love folks :)) He dove headfirst into loving each and everyone of my friends, my activities and my good ol' Kappa D!  He encouraged my dreams, anticipated God's best and set us out early to pursue not each other alone, but God's heart in each other.  He owned me!  I freely admit he owned me from day one.  When he waltzed his way into the Kappa Delta living room wearing that green checked shirt, taught me the pretzel country dance and was wearing "o-g" polo cologne...the world slowed wwwwwwaaaaaayyyyy down and I was hooked. :)

...but today I think I want to make a new t-shirt I want to make one that says "Owner of Toby" because I think I know who owns his heart now :) 

He is a man that is determined to find Me, all of My heart.  He is a man that respects the authority that has been given him over his home, his family, his job, his dreams and his future.  He loves Me passionately.  He deals with Me in kindness and gentleness.  He respects Me in all his circles of influence and gives Me highest regard.  He never with holds seeking tender forgiveness from Me.  He grants me a seemingly unending amount of mercy and grace.  He is always praising Me and reminding Me how very beautiful I am to him.  He seeks every opportunity to serve Me and to love me as his bride.  He draws his children's heart to his with sweetness, energy and love.  I love that he's not trying to seek a perfect life filled with only mountain tops.....he loves the highs, but is never afraid to go down to the valley and learn, grow, be stretched and trust each other more.  He is tender when need be.  He is strong and decisive when necessary.  He is a precious, priceless treasure to Me......

As I finish this post I recognize that although I set out to describe how Toby loves me.......that is actually how Toby loves Jesus too......(yes, of course I'm tearing up :)) so as much as I want to say that I am the undisputed "Owner of Toby" I think we all know who is the "Owner of Toby"....it's Jesus. :)

Happy Birthday sweet love!  I love you so very much!  Thank you for choosing me to spend your life with, it is an honor.  **Snowflake!**

PS...congrats on winning the Heisman...and still owning that t-shirt that says "Owner of Cari" :))

1 comment:

shanna said...

absolutely love this!! you are so sweet!! love and miss your sweet family mucho!!