Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Year...A Renewed Trust.


"It's news I'm most proud to proclaim, this extraordinary Message of God's powerful plan to rescue everyone who trusts him, starting with Jews and then right on to everyone else! God's way of putting people right shows up in the acts of faith, confirming what Scripture has said all along: 'The person in right standing before God by trusting him really lives!" Romans 1:16-17


It has been a really crazy couple of weeks for our family....and the re-occurring theme with us has been "Do you trust God or not?" Unfortunately I can say we have tried in vain to manage far too many circumstances...but thankfully God doesn't ever let us go or give up on us! I sent a message to some precious friends this morning and expressed that this past month as a family we had gotten ourselves overwhelmed with "life". Nothing catastrophic. Just life. Laundry. Dirty bathrooms. Financial strain and fear. Vomitting children (multiple times :)). Jobs. Cars breaking down. Bills that need to be paid. Going here.  Going there.  Etc, etc, etc....you know the drill.

But then, God's massive Love comes beaming in to our lives and exposes all the areas of darkness that are trying to compete for space in our minds and hearts.


So this January starts a New Year. For us, it starts a ReNewed Trust in God. Trusting Him with the overwhelming pile of things we don't know. Having Great Joy as we step obediently into the vast unknown of the year and loving every minute of trusting His guiding light as we step. If you aren't careful the items on your to do list can sneak up and jerk the carpet right out from under you, it did for us. Thank goodness God's love is never too far and when you think you "fall" you merely drop into the Loving Arms of Grace!

A friend shared this awesome verse the other day and it was exactly what I needed to hear (thanks Kelli :))

"Jerusalem will be told: 'Don't be afraid. Dear Zion, don't despair. Your God is present among you, a strong Warrior there to save you. Happy to have you back, he'll calm you with his love and delight you with his songs." Zephaniah 3:16-17

Happy New Year....and Happy ReNewed Trust in the God that is present among you!!!

1 comment:

The Shupe's said...

Cari,
Everytime I read your blog it speaks to me. I love it! It seems like I can always relate to what you are saying. I wanted to share the verse I am claiming for my family this year.

"And it shall come to pass that before they call,I will answer: and while they are still speaking, I will hear." Isaiah 65:24